Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Let there be light...

Awhile back we put some rope lights above our cabinets to provide some nice "mood lighting." There was one problem with this, in order to turn the lights on/off we had to run the cord down the side of the kitchen cabinet and plug/unplug it every time.

After some thought Ben decided to try and wire the light cord into a light switch. Out came an outlet in the kitchen and in went a light switch/outlet combo. Ben drilled a hole in the top of the cabinet and tried to run the light cord through the wall...one problem, the cord was too big and the space that we had to fish it through was too small.

Ben then says to me, "I think I'm going to have a drill a small hole on the other side of the wall to fish the cord through." I'm thinking a hole the size of a quarter isn't too bad, and would be fairly easy to patch. So I said "alright, that's cool". Soon the sound of power tools fills my kitchen and in a few moments the switch is installed and the lights above the cabinet can now be turned on with the flick of a switch.

I decided to check out Ben's handy work and see if I could take care of the small hole in the wall...errr what I thought was a small hole. See below for what it actually turned out to be... thank goodness I still have a large tub of Spackle!

No comments:

Post a Comment