Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Surprise!



Being this is the first Spring in our house I'm discovering plants that I never knew existed in my yard. We moved in late June so all of the Spring plants had died by then.

As I walked through the yard today I encountered 3 surprises...

The first surprise, crocuses, crocuses everywhere and not where I wanted them. They're in my lawn, my bushes, cracks and crevices of the front yard planter. They're a beautiful dark and light purple but they're in all the wrong places! ugh...I attempted to dig up a few but my attempts were futile. Their bulbs are teeny... and a huge pain to replant. Now what do I do?

The second surprise was a little better. As I began the arduous task of weeding the front yard planter I found about 10 hyacinths. They were scattered all over the planter so I dug them up and relocated them to a spot next to the garage. I sure hope they live!

The third surprise, tulips!

Now I just have to remember where all these bulbs are after the plants die so I can dig them up and relocate them...





No comments:

Post a Comment